[R] using a variable and a superscript in a legend

Patrick Giraudoux p@tr|ck@g|r@udoux @end|ng |rom un|v-|comte@|r
Sun Oct 20 18:02:30 CEST 2019

Thanks Bert and Peter,

Yes Bert, I was aware of the legend() function syntax, and just quoting
the legend argument within the function.

However, Bert and Peter, I do not understand why it works with your
absolutely reproducible examples and not in the slightly (not so
slightly apparently) different context where I used it...

densren=1.25
plot(1:100,1:100,type="n")
legend(list(x=0,y=100),legend=c("Sans renard",bquote(.(densren)
(ind./km)^2)),lty=c(1,2),col=c("black","red"),bty="n")

densren=1.25
plot(1:100,1:100,type="n")
legend(list(x=0,y=100),legend=c("Sans renard",bquote(.(densren) * "
ind."/"km"^2)),lty=c(1,2),col=c("black","red"),bty="n"

Probably because the result of bquote() is concatenated in a character
vector, but how to deal with this ?

Best,

Patrick