[R] If Loop I Think

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 23 00:26:28 CEST 2019

Hi Philip,
Try this:

phdf<-read.table(
text="Row Outs RunnerFirst RunnerSecond RunnerThird R1 R2 R3
1 0
2 1
3 1
4 1 arenn001
5 2 arenn001
6 0
7 0 perad001
8 0 polla001 perad001
9 0 goldp001 polla001 perad001
10 0  lambj001 goldp001
11 1  lambj001 goldp001
12 2   lambj001
13 0
14 1       ",
header=TRUE,stringsAsFactors=FALSE,fill=TRUE)
phdf$R1<-ifelse(nchar(phdf$RunnerFirst) > 0,1,0)
phdf$R2<-ifelse(nchar(phdf$RunnerSecond) > 0,1,0)
phdf$R3<-ifelse(nchar(phdf$RunnerThird) > 0,1,0)

Jim