[R] If Loop I Think

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Wed Oct 23 09:40:20 CEST 2019

Hi

***do not think in if or if loops in R***.

to elaborate Jim's solution further

With simple function based on logical expression
fff <- function(x) (x!="")+0

you could use apply

t(apply(phdf[,3:5], 1, fff))

and add results to your data frame columns
phdf[, 6:8] <- t(apply(phdf[,3:5], 1, fff))

Regarding some tutorial

Basic stuff is in R-intro, there is excellent documentation to each function.

And as R users pool is huge, you could simply ask Google
e.g.
r change values based on condition

Cheers
Petr