[R] Choosing specific Date Range from non-sequential Date

Ogbos Okike g||ted|||e2014 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 9 21:14:50 CEST 2019

Dear Bert and Jeff,
Thank you for looking at this.
I am surprised my message was not in plain text. It has been
configured to send message to the list in plain text earlier before.

The data again please.

1997-11-23 -2.91709629064653
1997-12-07 -0.960255426066815
1997-12-11 -1.98210752999868
1997-12-20 -1.10800598439855
1998-01-01 -1.00090115428118
1998-01-29 -1.03056081882709
1998-03-27 -0.873243859498216
1998-04-09 -2.06378384750109
1998-04-12 -2.06826431469008
1998-04-19 -2.49834620746286
1998-05-02 -6.4357083781542
1998-05-17 -2.25359807972754
1998-05-21 -2.55799006865995
1999-08-22 -2.25114162617707
1999-08-25 -1.47905397376409
1999-09-05 -0.641589808755325
1999-09-09 -0.648954682695949
1999-09-13 -0.726364489272492
1999-09-16 -1.28445236942011

The first column is  date and the second is another data of interest.

The date is long but note sequential. Runs randomly from 1953 to 2019.

I would like to select any range of date from year A to year B.

Thank you again for your help.
Best
Ogbos