[R] If statement

Fri Sep 13 02:01:47 CEST 2019

Use ifelse function, not if. If is only good for one logical value at a time, but you are working with long vectors of values simultaneously. I have no interest in doing all of your workfor you, but the concept is

cpl_or_sngl <- dat1$b %in% c( "couple", "single" )
a_pvt <- "private" == dat1$a
dat1$z <- with( dat1, ifelse( a_pvt & cpl_or_sngl, a, "Zero" ) )
dat1$y <- with( dat1, ifelse( a_pvt & cpl_or_sngl, c, 0 ) )