[R] R wrong, Python rigth in calcution

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 18 08:11:25 CEST 2019

Here's a tip for the original poster.
> ?numeric
and then follow the link it suggests
> ?double
which says amongst other things
     All R platforms are required to work with values conforming to the
     IEC 60559 (also known as IEEE 754) standard.  This basically works
     with a precision of 53 bits, and represents to that precision a
     range of absolute values from about 2e-308 to 2e+308.
and reminds us that
> .Machine
will give you the parameters of the 'double' type.