[R] [SPAM] Re: The "--slave" option

Benjamin Lang |@ngbnj @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 20 11:36:34 CEST 2019

Hi Richard,

Sure, it's a silly example, but it makes about as much sense as using
"slave" to mean "quiet". Also, there is no "--master" option so it's not
exactly the master/slave terminology here either.

My only point is that I think it's very distasteful to give such a
needlessly awful name to an option in what has become a very broadly used
piece of software. It would be good to update it, I think.

If anyone knows how to actually pass this on to the R
developers/contributors, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben