[R] create a r list from dataframe using the first column as list names

Fri Apr 10 20:07:47 CEST 2020

"I thought: why make this overly complicated,..."

Indeed, though "complicated" is in the eyes of the beholder.
One wonders whether any of this is necessary, though: see ?apply , as in
apply(a, 1, whatever...)
to do things rowwise.

Cheers,
Bert