[R] Can I use R for comertial projects for free?

Tue Apr 21 18:12:51 CEST 2020

On 21/04/2020 11:11 a.m., dmitry sergey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I kindly interesting can i use R for commercial projects for free? I am
> going to get statistics in my commercial project with R and wanted to know
> will it be legal or no?

If you are distributing R as part of your project, then you will need to
license your project in a compatible way, e.g. GPL, and distribute its
full source.  Nothing stopping you from doing that commercially.

Duncan Murdoch