[R] deciphering help for `attach`

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Mon Apr 27 15:00:39 CEST 2020

Hi.

I strongly recommend not to use attach. I agree that mentioned statements are rather contradictory and probably others could give you more insightful answer. You could consider that by attaching some data, you create something like a copy of original data in your system with a feature that you can use column names directly. If you change something in the data after attachment, you change only attached version and not an original.

It is similar as if you take a picture of Gioconda an use some creativity to add a moustache to this picture. In any circumstances moustache does not propagate to the original Louvre painting. Do not perform any tricks, preferably do not perform attach.

Cheers
Petr