[R] Package 'coin' - How to extract rho

Blume Christine chr|@t|ne@b|ume @end|ng |rom @bg@@c@@t
Wed Apr 29 11:13:01 CEST 2020

Dear Jim,

Many thanks for following up on this. Sure, I can provide a sample code. At the end of the code you see that I extract the p-value and the test statistic. However, I cannot find the correlation coefficient rho anywhere in the object “r”.

Best,

Christine

if(!require(pacman)) install.packages("pacman")

pacman::p_load(sn, fGarch, coin)

# Happiness

central_tendency_sim <- 0

dispersion_sim <- 1

skewness_sim <- 1.5

N_sim <- 10000

Happiness <- seq(from = 0,

               to = 10,

               length.out = N_sim)

# City size

central_tendency_sim <- 3

dispersion_sim <- 1

skewness_sim <- 1.5

Citysize <- seq(from = 1,

                to = 5,

                length.out = N_sim)

# create dataframe

datastat <- data.frame(Happiness, Citysize)

# Bootstrapped correlation

r <- spearman_test(Happiness ~ Citysize, data = datastat, distribution = "approximate", alternative = c("two.sided"))

pvalue(r)

statistic(r)