[R] repository for ubuntu/linux mint for R 4.0.0

Rasmus Liland jen@r@@mu@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 30 02:27:34 CEST 2020

On 2020-04-29 19:55 -0400, ProfJCNash wrote:
> In updating (an older computer with) Linux Mint 18.3 I tried to add
> the repository
>
> deb https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu xenial-cran40/
>
> as per the "Download R for Linux" instructions. This gave an error
> that there was no Release.key file.
>
> After some investigation, I found that
>
> deb https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu xenial-cran40/
>
> i.e., CRAN not CLOUD. With this change, I could install R 4.0.
>
> Is this a known glitch?

Dear JN,

perhaps it is a glitch ... does anyone run mirmon[1] on the R
mirrors to see which ones are old?

If you open those two addresses in a browser, you see that the
xenial-cran40 folder is only present in cran case ...  These are
two different servers, which can also be seen by running curl:

	rasmus using twentyfive ~ % curl -I https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
	HTTP/2 200
	content-type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1
	date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 00:05:13 GMT
	server: Apache/2.4.39 (Unix)
	cache-control: max-age=1800
	expires: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 00:35:13 GMT