[R] Dependent Variable in Logistic Regression

Sat Aug 1 20:11:15 CEST 2020

You appear to be confusing a binomial **response** with categorical
"dependent variables." glm() of course fits continuous or categorical
dependent variables. If a continuous dependent variable has only 2 values,
the results for glm() will be the same whether or not it is considered to
be continuous or categorical, though you may not recognize it as such.

This discussion has already wandered off topic to statistical issues. I
will not comment further on or off list. I suggest you consult a good
reference on linear/generalized linear models or talk with a local
statistician.

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."