[R] Trend value from smoothing spline trend fit

Dileepkumar R d||eepkunj@@| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 11 22:49:29 CEST 2020

Dear Bert Gunter and Mathew Guilfoyle,

Thanks for the reply.

I also agree with you. But that is the actual slope of the straight line
connecting from the first estimated value to last estimated value ( like
dy/dx slope). I tried in that way also, but I couldn't replicate the
results as given in that  Box 2.2, Table 1 and Figure 1.  I can replicate
the line plot as in Box 2.2,  Figure 1 (a) (to verify my input data is the
same as in Figure 1 (a)).

You can see my plot here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WDFFW5J69WvxnhbfdcOZKvGRk6HUWVn/view?usp=sharing

I have attached my code and data (as NetCDF file) along with this mail.

input Data (only 32Kb) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wt5sjVhWmjhRWOfdc6elUzwOvifRk-OI/view?usp=sharing

code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r5mg1vcNmDCIf19jnMUAFEiLNOLKQiKq/view?usp=sharing