[R] Best settings for RStudio video recording?

John Fox j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Fri Aug 14 19:54:25 CEST 2020

Hi,

I had occasion last month to teach a two-week, two-hour-per-day lecture
series on R via Zoom for the ICPSR Summer Program -- the website for the
lectures is at
<https://socialsciences.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Courses/R/ICPSR/index.html>.

I used RStudio and mostly displayed my desktop via one monitor in a
two-monitor setup. That allowed me to show the website (or Canvas site)
for the lectures, PDF slides, or the RStudio window, and to have the
other monitor free to control the Zoom session. Most of the time,
perhaps 1.5 hours per session, I displayed the RStudio window.

To set the size of the fonts in RStudio, I tested in a dummy Zoom
session that I viewed on a small laptop prior to the start of the
lecture series.

I hope this helps,
  John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus