[R] combine filter() and select()

Ivan Calandra c@|@ndr@ @end|ng |rom rgzm@de
Wed Aug 19 16:56:32 CEST 2020

Dear useRs,

I'm new to the tidyverse world and I need some help on basic things.

I have the following tibble:
mytbl <- structure(list(files = c("a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f"), prop =
1:6), row.names = c(NA, -6L), class = c("tbl_df", "tbl", "data.frame"))

I want to subset the rows with "a" in the column "files", and keep only
that column.

So I did:
myfile <- mytbl %>%
  filter(grepl("a", files)) %>%
  select(files)

It works, but I believe there must be an easier way to combine filter()
and select(), right?

Thank you!
Ivan

--
Dr. Ivan Calandra
TraCEr, laboratory for Traceology and Controlled Experiments