[R] System Requirements

Firpo, Mike ||rpo2 @end|ng |rom ||n|@gov
Fri Aug 21 19:52:18 CEST 2020

Hello,

  Reading the FAQ, I'm confused about whether R 4.0.2 is tested on Windows 7.  I found the following:

> 2.24 Does R run under Windows Vista/7/8/Server 2008?
>
> It does. ...

> 2.2 How do I install R for Windows?
>
> Current binary versions of R are known to run on Windows 7 or later, including on 64-bit versions: See Can I use R on 64-bit Windows?. Windows > XP is no longer supported.
>
> We only test on versions of Windows currently supported by Microsoft, mainly 64-bit Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 10. ...

  There is no indication what date these questions and answers were posted.  If it's true that R is only tested on supported versions of Windows, that would exclude Vista and Windows 7.

  The download site doesn't mention operating system requirements.  Does 4.0.2 work on Windows 7?

Thank you,

Mike

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]