[R] rNOMADS package

Philip herd_dog @end|ng |rom cox@net
Mon Aug 24 17:19:36 CEST 2020

I am struggling to install a fix for the rNOMADS package which reads National Weather Service data.  I copied the fix (rNOMADS_2.5.0.tar.gz) from an email to a local drive and then tried to install it with the command below.  I also tried installing it without the .tar.gz extension and without the _2.5.0 extension but I get the same error message.  The author, Daniel Bowman, emailed me that the fix should work for R version 4.0 or better.

Do I need to untar it?

install.packages("C://Documents/Ballooning/WeatherBriefing/rNOMADS_2.5.0.tar.gz")

Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Owner/Documents/R/win-library/4.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘C://Documents/Ballooning/WeatherBriefing/rNOMADS_2.5.0.tar.gz’ is not available (for R version 4.0.2)
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]