[R] paran package - error message

Lee, Deborah dz|147 @end|ng |rom p@u@edu
Mon Aug 24 12:52:07 CEST 2020

I am trying to using the "paran" package in R for Horn's parallel analysis. According to the "paran" manual, the highlighted yellow ought to be a numerical matrix or data frame. It looks like this should be the file name. Is there something that I need to do

install.packages("paran")
library(paran)

IS<- read.table ("C:/Users/Deborah Lee/Documents/R/IS.csv")
paran(IS, cfa=TRUE, graph=TRUE, color=TRUE, col=c("black", "red", "blue"))

When I run the code above, I get the error message below.
in cor(x) : 'x' must be numeric

How do I set up my data (csv) file itself to make this a numerical matrix? (FYI: row 1 for headers for variables names).

Thank you for your help.

Deborah D. Lee, PhD
Associate Director of Student Affairs Research and Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University

105 White Building
University Park, PA 16802
(814) 863-9609