[R] paran package - error message

Wed Aug 26 13:06:13 CEST 2020

Hello,

Inline.

Às 09:00 de 26/08/20, PIKAL Petr escreveu:
> Hi
>
> IS is data frame so it is not numeric.
>
> try str(IS) to see structure of your data.
> maybe just
>
> mat.IS <- as.matrix(IS)
>
> gives you desired result, but it depends on (undisclosed) IS structure
>
> BTW, do not use html formatting, it is useless in this list
>
> BTW2, you should spend at least few minutes to read basic docs, kindly
> offered by R-core in doc directory, especially R-intro which gives you quick
> info about objects and their properties.
>
> BTW3, your read.table is lacking header and sep and maybe dec specification
> so I doubt it reads your data properly.

Since the file is a csv file (or at least its extension is) read.csv
should solve those issues.

To the OP: read.csv is a way to call read.table but deliberately made
inflexible. It sets some arguments to values other than their defaults,
including

header = TRUE
sep = ","
fill = TRUE

The default dec = "," is the same. If you are reading files coming from
countries like mine where the decimal separator is a comma read.csv2
sets the values sep = ";" and dec = ",".

Read help("read.csv"), the difference from read.table is well explained.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas