[R] How to save Results in svg format

David Carlson dc@r|@on @end|ng |rom t@mu@edu
Fri Dec 4 06:21:37 CET 2020

If you look at the examples on the manual pages for the upgma() and NJ()
functions you will see that the results are generally sent to the plot()
function. To save that graph as an .svg file you need to open a graphics
device using the svg() function, plot the data, and close the graphics
device. You probably need something like the following:

svg("UPGMA_5x5.svg")
plot(UPGMA_5x5)
dev.off()

or

svg("NJ_119x119.svg")
plot(NJ_119x119)
dev.off()

There are numerous arguments that set various details for the plot that you
should look at (?svg).

David L Carlson
Texas A&M University