[R] Subscript and superscript on one symbol; plotmath.

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 9 11:47:50 CET 2020

Hi Rolf,
This is not addressing your implementation, but reformulates the goal.
Specifically, the covariance matrix is normally written as \Sigma (not
\sigma^2).
So to specify the upper left element you would write (in Latex)
\Sigma_{11}.
No superscript (so no problem!)

HTH,
Eric