[R] Help with connection issue for R (just joined, leading R for our agency)

Jan van der Laan rhe|p @end|ng |rom eoo@@dd@@n|
Tue Dec 15 17:33:20 CET 2020

Alejandra,

If it was initially working ok, I would first check with the IT
department if there has been a change to the configuration of the
firewall, virus scanners, file system etc. as these can affect the
performance of R-studio. R-studio uses a client-server setup on your
machine, so a firewall/malware scanner inspecting all communication
between R-studio and the R session can have a large effect. If  you
can't find the problem, you are probably better of asking at the
R-studio fora. A similar question was asked a while back:
https://community.rstudio.com/t/rstudio-suddenly-slow-processing/4959;
perhaps some of the solutions proposed also work for you.

As an alternative to Emacs/R-studio you could also have a look at visual
studio code. It has a R-plugin. If your organisation is microsoft
oriented there might already be a chance that it is available. You need
a relatively recent version though.

HTH,
Jan