[R] Windows path backward slash

Anbu A rque@t|on2020 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 24 16:58:54 CET 2020

Thanks, Jeff. The reason I am creating the function is I have to read some
more datasets too. I have also modified the code as per your suggestion. I
have to send the dataset name in parameter in subsequent calls.

fsasdat<-function(dsn) {
  pat="C:\\Users\\Anbu\\Desktop\\sas\\"
  str1=str_c(pat,dsn,".sas7bdat","\n")
  read_sas("C:\\Users\\Anbu\\Desktop\\sas\\all.sas7bdat")
}
allmetrx=fsasdat("all")
This code works but if I use  read_sas(str1) it is not working. Any
suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Anbu.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 9:28 AM Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
wrote:

> Simplest suggestion is to forget turning this into a function.
> Alternatively, remove the "allmetrx=" from the last line of your function,
> as the assignment suppresses automatic printing of the result. However, it
> may already be working... you could assign the result of the function call
> outside the function and see what is in that new variable:
>
> ans <- fsasdat("all")
> str(ans)
>
> On December 23, 2020 7:08:05 PM PST, Anbu A <rquestion2020 using gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >I am a newbie. This is my first program.
> >I am trying to read SAS dataset from below path. I added escape "\"
> >along
> >"\" found in path C:\Users\axyz\Desktop\sas\  but still not working.
> >
> >fsasdat<-function(dsn) {
> >  pat="C:\\Users\\axyz\\Desktop\\sas\\"
> >  str1=str_c(pat,dsn,".sas7bdat","\n")
> >  allmetrx=read_sas(str1)