[R] Unable to make plots using ggplot2

Sun Feb 16 23:23:28 CET 2020

Hello,

Your error is that you are not plotting the values in your file
See what is in df, it's one column only with 3 character strings,
c("Young_Control", "Young_Treated", "CHG_methylation"). Those *are not*
the names of columns, they are just strings.

The right way of doing it is to reshape your data from wide format to
long format first. I will reformat with tidyr::pivot_longer and pipe the
result directly to ggplot.

Also, given the large difference in the values plotted, I suggest you
comment out the code line with "log10", it will plot the y axis in the
logarithmic scale.

library(tidyverse)
library(ggplot2)

df1 %>%
   pivot_longer(
     cols = c("Young_Control", "Young_Treated"),
     names_to = "Treatment",
     values_to = "Value"
   ) %>%
   ggplot(aes(x = CHG_methylation, y = Value, fill = Treatment)) +
   geom_col(position = position_dodge(0.9)) +
   #scale_y_continuous(trans = "log10") +
   theme(axis.text.x = element_text(angle = 60, vjust = 1))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas