[R] Unintended behaviour (possibly bugs)

Alexey Shipunov d@cty|orh|z@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 17 04:33:47 CET 2020

John and Rui, thanks!

However, if we use the proper object, the problem still persists:

dotchart(c("3"=1, "2"=2, "1"=3), ylab="Ylab") # ylab is invisible
dotchart(c("aa"=1, "b"=2, "cc"=3), ylab="Ylab") # ylab is partly visible (!!!)
dotchart(c("aaa"=1, "bbb"=2, "ccc"=3), ylab="Ylab") # ylab is well visible

If the object is matrix, ylab is visible:

dotchart(matrix(1:3, dimnames=list(c("aa","bb","cc"), NULL)), ylab="Ylab")

But the ?dotchart explicitly says that "x: either a vector or matrix
of numeric values" and then "labels: a vector of labels for each
point.  For vectors the default is to use ‘names(x)’ ...".

So this is likely a bug. Do you agree?

Alexey