[R] Accessing Data From packages

Phillip Heinrich herd_dog @end|ng |rom cox@net
Thu Feb 27 16:05:16 CET 2020

I am continuing to have problems downloading data as prescribed in books
about R such as “Analyzing Baseball Data with R”.

In chapter 3 (page 67) the instructions to download baseball Hall of Fame
data from the package tidyverse are:

library(tidyverse)
-- Attaching packages --------------------------------------- tidyverse
1.3.0 -- v ggplot2 3.2.1
v purrr  0.3.3 v tibble  2.1.3
v dplyr  0.8.3 v tidyr  1.0.0 v stringr 1.4.0
v readr  1.3.1 v forcats 0.4.0

tidyverse_conflicts() -- x dplyr::filter() masks stats::filter()
x dplyr::lag() masks stats::lag()
Warning messages: 1: package ‘tidyverse’ was built under R version 3.6.2 2:
package ‘purrr’ was built under R version 3.6.2

The package seems to load correctly but when I try to call up the data I get
an error message.

> hof <- read_csv("data/hofbatting.csv")

Error: 'data/hofbatting.csv' does not exist in current working directory
('C:/Users/Owner/Documents').