[R] file.access returning -1 for a file on remote Windows drive.

Sam Albers ton|ght@then|ght @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Feb 28 23:06:34 CET 2020

Some additional follow-up:

> summary(file(remote_file, "rb"))$`can read`
[1] "yes"

> summary(file(local_file, "rb"))$`can read`
[1] "yes"

compared to:

> file.access(local_file, 4)
local.R
         0

> file.access(remote_file, 4)
remote.R
            -1

Can anyone think why file.access and file would be contradicting each other?

Sam