[R] file.access returning -1 for a file on remote Windows drive.

Sam Albers ton|ght@then|ght @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Feb 28 23:53:49 CET 2020

Thanks Jeff. I am probably not explaining myself very well but my
question under what circumstances would

summary(file(remote_file, "rb"))$`can read`

be different from:

file.access(remote_file, 4)

If my permissions were different across remote and local should that
not be reflected in both of these functions?