[R] Extracting p value from bootstrap in R

Saaim Khan SKHAN21 @end|ng |rom cr@nbrook@edu
Thu Jan 2 19:18:11 CET 2020

I've been trying to get the pvalue of my samples from a bootstrap rsquared test in R. I'm not very good with statistics so could someone please take a look at my below code and point me in the right direction with regards to how I can extract the p-values per sample (basically input a Descriptor_Score value and output a p-value based on the bootstrap model)? If my understanding is incorrect, please let me know. This code is mostly from API.

# Bootstrap 95% CI for R-Squared

library(boot)

# function to obtain R-Squared from the data

rsq <- function(formula, data, indices) {

d <- data[indices,] # allows boot to select sample

fit <- lm(formula, data=d)

return(summary(fit)$r.square)

}

###vdw beta bootstrap

`results[b]_vdw` = boot(data=rescored_beta, statistic=rsq,

R=10000, formula=Descriptor_Score~vdw)

# get 95% confidence interval

confb_vdw=boot.ci(`results[b]_vdw`)

cib_vdw = confb_vdw$bca[ , c(4, 5)]