[R] Executing an R script and show the plots.

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Sun Jan 26 21:20:03 CET 2020

You need to understand that the R interpreter does not have an
interactive plot device when run as a script from an OS command line.
You need to open an output device, `print` the output of the ggplot
call, and then  _after_ closing the device appropriately, open the
output in an appropriate viewer supplied by your unstated OS.

?Devices # brings up a list of possible devices and has a "See Also"
section that says:

===========================

The individual help files for further information on any of the devices
listed here;

on Windows:
windows.options,

on a Unix-alike:
X11.options, quartz.options,

ps.options and pdf.options for how to customize devices.

dev.interactive, dev.cur, dev.print, graphics.off, image, dev2bitmap.

On Unix-alikes only:
capabilities to see if X11, jpeg, png, tiff, quartz and the cairo-based
devices are available.

So do some further reading to educate yourself.

--

David.