[R] problems with greek language on windows

Ioannis Dimakos |o@nn|@@d|m@ko@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 28 17:52:05 CET 2020

You could try

> Sys.setlocale("LC_CTYPE", "Greek")
and it should work.

Best,

Ioannis

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 5:59 PM Pierre Ratinaud <
pierre.ratinaud using univ-tlse2.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've seen two computers in Greece which have the following problem. They
> are both windows 10 computers with R 3.6.2. These both windows are asked
> to use english or french as main language. In this context, if users
> switch their keyboard to write greek, they cannot use greek input in the
> command line of the interface of R or print graphics with greek
> letters/words coming from an input file : every characters are replaced
> with a latin letter with an accent. Greek letters are ok in options box
> of the preferences of the interface.
>
> Does anybody know how it's possible to use greek language in R in this
> context ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Pierre Ratinaud
>
> --
> Pierre Ratinaud
> Maître de conférences
> Département des Sciences de l'Education et de la Formation
> Laboratoire LERASS : http://www.lerass.com/
> Université Toulouse - Jean Jaurès : http://www.univ-tlse2.fr/
> tel : 05 61 50 42 28

Ioannis Dimakos, PhD
University of Patras
Dept. of Educational Sciences & Social Work
Patras, GR-26500 Greece
T: +30-2610-969740, F: +30-2610-969780, M: +30-6977-646059
Email: idimakos using upatras.gr
http://www.elemedu.upatras.gr/info/dimakos
http://about.me/idimakos

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]