[R] R Dplyr hands on project

Thomas Subia t@ub|@ @end|ng |rom |mgprec|@|on@com
Thu Jan 30 16:44:59 CET 2020

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 11:00 PM SAS_learner <proccontents using gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello All ,
>>
>> I am trying to learn R and started with R Dplyr for data management
>> .Can anyone point out  to a  book or place or GitHub location which
>> has a project that I can use to replicate , to improve my skills would
>> be of great help.
>>
>> thanks
>> Kumar

Kumar,

If you need to learn how to use R for statistical analyses, you might want to consider getting a copy of Andy Fields's book, Discovering Statistics using R.
It will show you how to write scripts for basic statistical analyses like t-tests, ANOVA, correlation and regression. It will also give you the necessary
statistical background you will need to use them properly.

While this is great book for statistical analyses, its coverage of basic graphing is not as extensive.
For that I recommend getting Winston Chang's book, The R Graphics Cookbook.

Speaking of graphics, try installing an R Studio add in called equisse.
This add in allows you to interactively explore your data by visualizing it with the ggplot2 package.
It's a great tool which allows a user to create your choice graphs with whatever variables you choose without having to write any code.
Parenthetically, after creating the graph, the add in will display the code which created your graph.
Pairing equisse with Chang's book will enable you to learn how to create graphs using R more easily.

Hope this helps!

Thomas Subia
ASQ CQE

Statistician / Sr. Quality Engineer
IMG Companies
225 Mountain Vista Parkway
Livermore, CA 94551
T. (925) 273-1106
F. (925) 273-1111
E. tsubia using imgprecision.com

Precision Manufacturing for Emerging Technologies
imgprecision.com

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender or IMG Companies, LLC at Tel: 925-273-1100 immediately by telephone or by return E-mail and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.