[R] How to create a vector by searching information in multiple data.tables in r?

Ioanna Ioannou ||54250 @end|ng |rom m@n@com
Fri Jan 31 19:06:00 CET 2020

Hello everyone,

Once again i am a bit stack. I have over 200 json files with information. I managed to manipulate them and their format is rather difficult as shown below. Unfortunately, not all these files contain the same fields. I want to extract e.g., the country from all these files. How can i add NA for the files for which the country is not mentioned?

Here is a reproducible example. Lets say i have two files, three files, two provide the country and the one does not.  essentially i want a vector called country which will look like this:

Country <- c('Colombia', 'Greece', NA)

Any help much appreciated!

Best,
ioanna

A<- data.frame( name1 = c('fields', 'fields', 'fields'),
                              name2= c('category', 'asset', 'country'),
                              value  = c('Structure Class', 'Building', 'Colombia')

B<- data.frame( name1 = c('fields', 'fields', 'fields'),
                              name2= c('category', 'asset', 'country'),
                              value  = c('Structure Class', 'Building', 'Greece')

C<- data.frame( name1 = c('fields', 'fields', 'fields'),
                              name2= c('category', 'asset', 'assessment'),
                              value  = c('Structure Class', 'Building', 'Fragility')

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]