[R] Opening Another Application in R Then Hangs

Sparks, John j@p@rk4 @end|ng |rom u|c@edu
Mon Jul 6 00:06:52 CEST 2020

Hi R Helpers,

I am trying to open another application from within R and then work with it.

I can get the application to open, but R then hangs at that point (spinning blue circle in the middle of the screen) and my subsequent programming does not execute.

Does anybody know how to get R to unlock?

I am using Windows 10 and R4.0.

The example below freezes R on my machine.

Any guidance appreciated.  Thanks.
--John Sparks

setwd("C:/Users/JSparks/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Accessories")
system2("Notepad",invisible=FALSE)

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]