[R] plot shows exponential values incompatible with data

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Thu Jul 9 17:36:49 CEST 2020

Dear Bernard,

> On Jul 9, 2020, at 10:25 AM, Bernard Comcast <mcgarvey.bernard using comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Use the xlim option in the plot function?

I think you mean ylim, but as you'll find out when you try it, you still (reasonably) get an evenly spaced tick mark at 0:

plot(Y ~ X, ylim=c(1e9, 6e11))

The "right" thing to do with exponential values is to plot on a log scale or (as Rui reasonably suggested) use a logged axis.

Best,
 John