[R] A Question about MLE in R

Zixuan Qi z|xu@n@q| @end|ng |rom duke@edu
Wed Jul 22 09:06:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

I encounter a problem. I use optim() function in R to estimate likelihood
function and the method is SANN in the optim function.
out <-
optim(parm,logLik,method='SANN',hessian=T,control=list(maxit=5000000))

However, I find that each time I run the program, I will get different
values of parameters. My initial values are same, but the number of
iterations has reached the maximum limit. I expanded the number of
iterations to 5 million, but it��s still wrong.

I want to know what I should do. Is anyone willing to help me? Thanks so
much!

Best,
Cisy

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]