[R] Looping thorugh dataframe

e-mail ma015k3113 m@015k3113 @end|ng |rom b|ueyonder@co@uk
Wed Jul 22 16:04:52 CEST 2020

Bert, thanks for responding to my email. I do realise that newbie's like my can expect curt answers but not to worry. I am definitely learning 'R' and what I posted are also statements from R. The statements run perfectly well but don't do what I want them to do. My mistake I have posted sample data. Here is the data:

COMPANY_NUMBER 	COMPANY_NAME 	YEAR_END_DATE 	Turnover
22705 	AA 	30/09/10 	420,000
22705 	AA 	30/09/09 	406,000
113560 	BB 	30/06/19 	474,000
192761 	CC 	31/01/19 	796,000
192761 	CC 	31/01/18 	909,000
192761 	CC 	31/01/17 	788,000
5625107 	DD 	30/06/19 	3,254,002
5625107 	DD 	30/06/18 	1,840,436

All_companies$count <-0
while All_companies$COMPANY_NAME == All_companies$COMPANY_NAME + 1
+ {All_companies$count=All_companies$count+1}

I want to find out many times each company has appeared in the dataframe and the average of the turnover for the years. Like company AA appears twice and average turnover is 413,000.

'All_companies' is the name of the dataframe.

In the end apologies for not being more clear the first time around and of course many thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards

Ahson