[R] how to view and edit this RData file

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Thu Jul 23 01:38:23 CEST 2020

On 7/22/20 12:35 AM, Jason Levy wrote:
> Dear R Scholars
>
> Many R users have successfully loaded and used the attached WVS RDATA file
> into my R program. I would just would like help viewing, editing etc.
>
> I wanted to include the actual RData file (which was not attached
> previously)
>
> I can successfully load the RData file:
> load('WVS.RData')
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/15QhSBkwEfHLqgZznoaqodWglXuxV4f7P

In a clean session I executed this:

load("/home/david/Downloads/WVS RData file/WVS.RData")

ls()

#[1] "final.ord"

  str(final.ord)
# num [1:82992, 1:74] 2 2 1 2 2 1 2 1 2 2 ...
#- attr(*, "dimnames")=List of 2
#..$ : NULL

# ..$ : chr [1:74] "v12" "v13" "v14" "v15" ...

So it appears to be a matrix with 74 columns and 82,992 rows.

> I would like help on how to view, edit and save this 2.461 MB RData file.
> I am at my wits end. I apologize for asking such a basic question. I
> appreciate your help in advance
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

You have repeatedly posted in HTML. Gmail makes it easy to post in palin
text if you are using their client. Please read the Posting Guide and I
would suggest also reading and working through the examples in a good
introductory tutorial on Rhelp. The "Introduction to R" that ships with
all copies of R should have illustrated using both ls() and str().

--

David