[R] how to add a calculated column into a data frame

Fri Jun 5 07:38:31 CEST 2020

This should get you started:

x <- "2009-03-21"
substr( x, 1, 4 )
y <- as.integer( substr( x, 1, 4 ) )

or

yy <- as.POSIXlt( x )$year + 1900
yy

RShowDoc( "R-intro" )

On June 4, 2020 9:18:00 PM PDT, Charles Thuo <tcmuigai using gmail.com> wrote:
>Dear  Sirs,
>
>I have a data frame that has a column that shows the transaction date.
>
>How do i add another column that  extracts the year of transaction from
>the
>transaction date.
>
>Charles
>
>	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Please post in plain text. It will get converted for you if you forget, and the quality of the automatic conversion can be awful.