[R] sqldf and number of records affected

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 11 16:30:02 CEST 2020

There is no real difference between your example and the example I provided.
Both use a data.frame in R and both work for me under R 3.5 with RSQLite 2.2.0
See log below.

Note that there is a bug in R 4.0 related to tcltk that could possibly affect
sqldf as it uses tcltk.  A fix has been announced for R 4.0.2.

> library(sqldf)
> con <- data.frame(V1 = c(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10))
> sqldf()
<SQLiteConnection>
  Extensions: TRUE
> sqldf(c("pragma count_changes = 1", "update con set V1 = 0 where V1 > 5 "))
  rows updated
1            5
Warning message:
In result_fetch(res using ptr, n = n) :
  SQL statements must be issued with dbExecute() or dbSendStatement()
instead of dbGetQuery() or dbSendQuery().
> ans <- sqldf("select * from main.con")
> sqldf()
NULL
> ans