[R] using mutate to remove all white space

Mon Mar 2 08:06:42 CET 2020

Hello,

Here are 2 examples, one with stringr::str_remove_all and the other with
base gsub. I am assuming that you want to remove the spaces from column
'servicer'.

dat <- data.frame(x = rnorm(2),
                   servicer = c("a b c", "  d efg"),
                   fctrdt = 1:2)
dat

library(dplyr)
library(stringr)

dat %>%
   select(fctrdt, servicer) %>%
   mutate(servicer = str_remove_all(servicer, "[[:space:]]"))

dat %>%
   select(fctrdt, servicer) %>%
   mutate(servicer = gsub("[[:space:]]", "", servicer))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas