[R] extremely long installation of devtools

Christopher C. Lanz |@nzcc @end|ng |rom pot@d@m@edu
Sun Mar 8 17:35:42 CET 2020

Help! I followed the instructions I found to install ggbiplot, and entered "install_packages("devtools")" about 25 minutes ago, and the installation procedure is continuing as I write this. Although it's difficult to tell, there appears to be substantial repetition in the messages displayed.

Should I terminate the process, or is this a normal event?

Thanks! (Please respond to this email [also?] because I can't enter R as the process is continuing. lanzcc using potsdam.edu)

Chris Lanz

Department of Computer Science

340 Dunn Hall, SUNY Potsdam

lanzcc using potsdam.edu

315 267 2407

315 268 1547

"The reason academic conflicts are so bitter is that the stakes are so low."

Sayre's Law (not the original, but a correct wording)

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]