[R] Problem launching Rcmdr

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Tue Mar 10 23:43:40 CET 2020

Dear Brian,

(Please keep r-help in the loop so that if someone else has this problem they'll have something to refer to.)

Your session at start-up seems completely clean, so I'm at a loss to understand what the problem is. I, and I assume very many other people, are using the Rcmdr with essentially the same Windows setup. What's particularly hard for me to understand is that you're able to start the Rcmdr in a second R session. Does the first R session have to remain open for this to work?

A next step is to reinstall packages, starting with the Rcmdr package, if you haven't already tried that, and eventually to reinstall R, including deleting the R package library. BTW, I usually prefer to install R in c:\R\ rather than under Program Files so that the system library is used for packages that I subsequently install, although it should work perfectly fine to install packages into a personal library.

Best,
 John