[R] Relatively Simple Maximization Using Optim Doesnt Optimize

Mark Leeds m@rk|eed@2 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 13 00:58:13 CET 2020

Hi Abby: Either way, thanks for your efforts with the derivative plot.

Note that John Nash is a SERIOUS EXPERT in optimization so I would just go
by what he
said earlier. Also, I don't want to speak for Duncan but I have a feeling
that he meant "inadequacy"  in the CG
method rather than a bug in  the R code.

Mark