[R] Analyzing Baseball Data With R

William Michels wjm1 @end|ng |rom c@@@co|umb|@@edu
Tue Mar 17 07:33:11 CET 2020

Hi Phillip,

Generally these problems come down to knowing/setting your working
directory. The first question is whether you have a directory named
"data" inside your "C:/Users/Owner/Documents" directory? You may need
to create this directory first, outside of R and/or RStudio (using
your Windows OS).

Below is some example code (on a Mac). You might want to try 1)
creating the "data" directory in Windows as mentioned earlier, 2)
setting your working directory to "C:/Users/Owner/Documents/data",
then 3) re-running your src_sqlite() command giving "pitchrx.sqlite”
as the database file name.

> getwd()
[1] "/Users/homedir/R_Dir"
> setwd("/Users/homedir/R_Dir/data")
Error in setwd("/Users/homedir/R_Dir/data") :
  cannot change working directory

HTH, Bill.

W. Michels, Ph.D.