[R] RODBC Multiple Results

Law, Jason J@@on@L@w @end|ng |rom port|@ndoregon@gov
Mon Mar 30 21:05:39 CEST 2020

Harold,

I have dealt with this problem over the years and after much experimenting, I can say that I *think* what you want is impossible. For RODBC, you need a stored proc that uses SET NOCOUNT ON and that only returns a single result set. You may want to try experimenting with the odbc package (https://github.com/r-dbi/odbc), although there it appears that it isn’t possible there yet, there is a pull request which adds this functionality for sqlServer. You may want to try hitting up the author of the pull request.

Regards,

Jason

From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Bert Gunter
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:39 PM
To: Doran, Harold <HDoran using air.org>
Cc: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] RODBC Multiple Results

⛔
The City's email systems have identified this email as potentially suspicious. Please click responsibly and be cautious if asked to provide sensitive information.

You might wish to post this on r-sig-db if you do not get a

satisfactory reply here.

Also, have you checked the databases task view on :

https://cran.r-project.org/ ?

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."