[R] stats:: spline's method could not be monoH.FC

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 1 07:21:32 CEST 2020

I agree, the documentation gives the impression that stats::spline
would allow "monoH.FC".

My guess is that stats::spline doesn't allow it because the function
is designed to return a list with x and y components. This doesn't
suit monotonic cubic Hermite splines because the function would also
need to return the slopes. Furthermore, additional functions may (or
may not) be required depending on what you want to do with x, y and
slope vectors.

Note that my package kubik, provides a range of functions for working
with cubic Hermite splines.