[R] COVID-19 datasets...

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 4 21:36:33 CEST 2020

While we're on this topic...

I was interested in testing hypotheses (plural) that acid base
chemistry (blood H+/HCO3/PCO2) or closely-related metabolic processes
could influence the rate of viral replication, possibly by having some
sort of effect on the acidity of phagocytes, vesicles or other
cellular/intracellular-level "host" environments.

There appears to be a relationship between age and blood pH, with a
possibility of a change point around retirement age. This could (being
somewhat speculative) be related to the differences we see in
mortality rates by age.

However, I've got no idea how to test the second part of the
hypotheses, that blood acidity (or any other metabolic process) could
influence the acidity of phagocytes or vesicles.

Suggestions welcome...