[R] calculating t-score/t-stats as my zscores

Wed May 6 16:54:43 CEST 2020

Hello,

You can write a function to compute the scores:

z_score <- function(x, beta = mean, beta0 = 0){
   beta <- match.fun(beta)
   n <- length(x)
   score <- sqrt(n)*(beta(x) - beta0)/sd(x)
   names(score) <- if(n < 30) "t.score" else "z.score"
   score
}

# data example
x <- rt(20, df = 1)
tt <- t.test(x)

pvals <- tt$p.value

# Now compare these 3 results and see if it answers the question

qt(pvals/2, 19, lower.tail = F)
tt$statistic
z_score(x)

Hope this helps,